1. Monster tracks
With a marker, draw a fingerprint on a large sponge. Crop the footprint Pour washable paint in a pot.
Soak the sponge in the paint and mark with the sponge the footsteps from the sidewalk towards the main door for visitors to follow.
Turn the sponge over to paint the footprints of the other foot.
2. Green pumpkins
A good idea is to sculpt green peppers like lanterns. We can make a row, and even try also red and yellow peppers, and form an army of terrifying faces to receive the goblins at the door. They never recover from fright!
3. Little ghosts
Crumple tissue paper into a ball and place it in the center of another piece of tissue paper. Lift the corners of the smooth paper and curl around the ball. Tie a rolled strip or piece of ribbon around the ghost’s neck and draw a face with a marker. They can be hung around the house. You can also stick and prepare a black hat and a layer of colored paper to make a witch.
4. Horrible and evil wizards
- Cut out the lid of a milk carton.
- Cover the cardboard with black cardboard and stick it on the back with adhesive tape.
- Cut a strip of white paper about 8cm wide and stick it around the black cardboard at the top.
- Draw the scary face of a witch on white paper. Paste a little thread to make the hair.
- Make a cone shaped witch hat with black paper and stick it on top.
- Cut your arms and hands on white paper and your feet on black paper and glue them to the witch.
- Stick an ice cream stick in one of the witch’s hands.
- Cut two small pieces of yellow paper and cut some fringes at the lower end of both. Stick one on each side of the ice cream stick to make the broom.
- We can give a witch to each friend if we have a Halloween party.
5. Flying ghosts
Start with a piece of gauze 1,80m long and 90cm wide. Place a balloon filled with white helium in the middle of the tissue and gather the gauze around the balloon loosely. Draw a hideous face on the gauze with a marker. We can put several ghosts in a box, so that when someone opens it, the ghosts come floating in the air and scare everyone. We can also put them in a row in front of an open window or a fan and see how they float and move smoothly in the air.
6. Disgusting spider webs
Cut some 1.30m long ribbons and stick them to the ceiling. We will need a very poorly lit room. Just before the victim arrives we can moisten the strips with water. When people come walking to the area of wet and viscous strips, they rub on their foreheads and they will be frightened.
7. Parts of the human body
This is a good decoration for a dimly lit room. We can have several cubes with pieces of members to frighten our friends. We can cut several sausages with the proper length so that they look like amputated fingers. Cook some noodles and spaghetti with blue and red coloring to make them look like veins. A group of chives swaying in a bowl will look like eyes. We can also fill a red balloon with hot water, spread strawberry jam and invite our friends to touch a brain.
8. Bones that creak under the feet
In 10 ideas for Halloween, sprinkle pieces of dry bread and crackers under a rug. When the guests walk on the carpet it will sound like they are stepping on eggs.
9. Sound effects
We can record several frightening sounds and play them during the party. A large sheet of metal or cardboard can make thunder. Pouring raw rice on a baking tray we can make the rain. Crumple a handful of cellophane for the crackle of the fire. Add a few shouts of homegrown. Cut carrots in half to get the sound of bones that break. Shake a plastic bag in front of the microphone to make the sound of the bats. Blow gently with a straw inside a bowl of liquid to achieve the sound of a swamp. Search the whole house and garden for a hinge that squeaks and record it before someone greases it.
10. Lighting at the Halloween party
When we have everything illuminated with such a dim light it is a good idea to put some reflective tape on the exits. Black light bulbs always give a good effect, especially if we disguise ourselves as a skeleton. This is one of the best 10 ideas for Halloween.…
Halloween is celebrated on October 31 (what in some countries is known as the Day of the Dead) and on the eve of Saints’ Day. Halloween It is a fun party that is repeated every year, where the house is decorated, the children wear their costumes and go out with their parents to ask for sweets, any other meaning they give is simply out of context. Many people try to associate it with something macabre or against Christians and that is not true. Although it is something that is commonly celebrated in the United States, I have heard some paranoid mothers who prefer to close the curtains of their homes, not open the door and isolate their children so that they do not participate for any reason. They are only a few hours where we can all have a good time with caution and moderation, this in turn will be part of childhood memories. I love it, it’s a way for Chris and Chloe to enjoy healthy holidays in the country where they were born.
First of all, do not abuse in buying or eating sweets in an exaggerated way. Limit your consumption because the excess can cause stomach pain, sugars and other sweeteners can act as laxatives when consumed in large quantities. Tiny candies can cause possible suffocation in young children.
- Make sure your children understand that they should not eat sweets until you have inspected them properly. This allows to check any possible handling of the wrappers. Discard those that are open. It only accepts sealed sweets from the factory. Avoid eating homemade treats made by strangers. In case of poisoning, contact Poison Control.
- Children should not go out alone to ask for sweets. It is advisable to go in groups and accompanied by one or more adults. These in turn must carry your cell phone with a flashlight that helps you see better and that others also see.
- Fruits should be washed and cut before eating.
- You should always walk and do not run from house to house.
- Place a phosphorescent ribbon in the costumes and bags of candy so that drivers can see you.
- Try makeup first on one area of the face. Remove it before going to bed to avoid possible skin and eye irritation. Visit www.safecosmetics.org (safe cosmetics).
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Use the established crosswalks whenever possible.
- Never walk near lit candles or luminaries. Make sure you wear fire-resistant costumes.
- Be cautious and reduce the risk of serious eye damage by the use of decorative contact lenses.
- Wear masks, suits and tight-fitting shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips and falls.
- Just enter those houses if you are with a trusted adult. Only visit well-lit houses. Do not stop you in dark houses. Never accept to go out and ask for sweets with strangers.
- If you are driving, remember to be alert with the “trick-or-treaters” and drive carefully.
- There are many creative and cute costumes for boys, and something too grotesque, loaded, funereal, monstrous or bloody is not necessary.
- If children are small it is not right to use sharp swords, guns, knives, or other objects that incite violence.
- Try to go out and ask for sweets with your children in your own neighborhood and do not forget to guide you with the map or GPS of your cell phone.
- Children should drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.
We all know that Halloween is very influenced by the United States, but its celebration in our lands predates its existence in the American country. Thanks to our Celtic past, we maintain traditions related to spirits such as meigas (Habelas, hainas) and the Santa Compaña in Galicia.
In the Asturias of the 18th century, the little ones went out with lamps to ask for food for the houses, and many localities of the current community of Madrid were illuminated only with the decorated pumpkins and the bonfires, the people dressed in black and touched the bell until dawn. So do not underestimate this celebration, let’s enjoy it with the best tips for Halloween!
Tips for Halloween: makeup and facial paints
It does not matter how old you are. If you are going to organize or participate in a Halloween party, the ideal is to go with a costume according to the occasion. Sometimes we invest hours looking for the ideal suit and we forget a fundamental detail: makeup. Halloween facial paintings do wonders: they help both to complete your costume as they can themselves be the costume itself.
Tips for Halloween: you can try to make makeup at home but, if you want to get the best results, this type of work requires a specialist or makeup or facial paints. If you are organizing a party with children, they will love having one or a face painting!
Skeletons or skulls: If you opt for this alternative, it may be enough to have a disguise. You can dress completely in black and solved business! Comfort and 100% comfort!
Día de los Muertos : Despite being a typically Mexican tradition, the Day of the Dead masks are increasingly in vogue on Halloween (especially after the success of the animated film Coco ). According to Mexican tradition, on November 1 and 2, the dead have divine permission to visit relatives and friends. If you resort to this type of mask to disguise yourself, you guarantee a spectacular result.
Zombie: Do you have a reference character from a zombie series, movie or comic? You can adapt any character looking like a zombie. From an animal to Harry Potter, any character can be transformed into an individual that comes from the world of the dead … There is an immense range of possibilities!
The night deserves a decor to rigor. You can adapt the tips for Halloween that we offer to decorate your home or business premises.
Pumpkins: If you are going to make a Halloween party, you can not miss an illuminated pumpkin. This is one of the most traditional images and it is very easy to do. You can even take advantage and make the decoration with your family and friends, having a good time together. Simply get a round pumpkin, draw a face and cut out this part with a knife. The handling of the knife must always be done by an adult! Then, cut the top part and remove the pulp from the pumpkin trying to leave about 1 cm in the structure of the pumpkin (save the filling, which then we will use). Finally, place a candle or flashlight inside the hole you have left. The result is fantastic and terrifying!
Spider webs : You can buy artificial cobwebs and put them in the objects of decoration or lamps in your living room, hallway, rooms … The effect will be fantastic and will give a completely different atmosphere to the house.
Colors: Sometimes colors are everything. If you are going to organize a dinner in your house, get some decorative objects that are black or orange. They can even be cloth napkins, jars for drinks or other objects that you can take advantage of in the future. The little details can completely change a stay!
Tips for Halloween: If you are organizing a party or if you have a commercial space that you want to decorate, nothing better than hiring professional decoration specialists . Theme parties require many ideas, be original and have good taste in regard to decoration. Imagine how good all the pictures you take are going to be. A commercial store can also be decorated specifically for this date. It will attract the attention of customers who will be amazed by the decoration!
Healthy and fun recipes for adults and children
When talking about food for parties or special occasions we usually associate the celebration with sweets and cakes. Consuming sweets from time to time is not incompatible with having a healthy diet, both for the little ones and for the adults. Our advice for Halloween is that you turn to healthy, easy and tasty ideas that can be carried out, both for a family themed dinner and for a party with friends.
Spider eggs: It can be the perfect spike, especially for the youngest ones. Best of all, it’s very easy to do! You only need boiled eggs, olives (no bones) and a little mayonnaise. The result is chilling!
Pumpkin puree: In our day to day it is important to fight waste and have sustainable solutions. Do you remember the pumpkin filling you used for the decoration? Let’s take advantage of the inside of the pumpkin to cook it. The best option is a pumpkin soup! If you want to give a special touch that relates to Halloween, just use a little cream to make a spider’s web effect in the soup dish. Let your imagination fly!
Tangerines turned into pumpkins and ghost bananas: Simpler and healthier is impossible! You only need tangerines and a green or brown stalk (you can take a vegetable you have at home to create the stem). For ghosts, you need bananas and chocolate chips. Everyone will love the fruit and it is a very original option to eat at home or even for the kids to take to school. Enjoy and have fun eating healthy!
All the tips for Halloween that we have given you are very easy to carry out in your own home. If you do not have time to cook or you want the full menu to be related to the theme of the party, it is best to have specialists from the catering sector who can help you!…